- By meryle
- 24 April, 2013
- Comments Off
George and Steve Pessotti, local financial planners and guest speakers from SOFA (The Society for Financial Awareness) will present an educational workshop on New Retirement Planning Strategies at Derry Public Library, Wednesday, May 1, 2013 from 6:30 pm until 8:00 pm.
For the New Retirement Planning Strategies workshop, attendees will learn about:
- 12 Risks of retirement — will you outlive your assets?
- Estate Planning — Wills vs. Trusts — learn to avoid probate and guardianship
- Life Estates — learn how to prevent capital gains taxes on deeded homes and how to protect your home from nursing home liens
- Lifetime income, like Social Security — learn how to create a new income you can’t outlive
- 401k’s and IRA’s are 100% taxable — learn an alternative tax-free retirement strategy to provide 100% tax-free income at retirement and beyond
- New Medicaid rules — learn about the 5 year look back period and asset limitations for single and married taxpayers
Handouts will be provided. This program is free and does not promote any specific financial products.
Registration is suggested but not required. Register online from the Library’s calendar, or by calling the Library at 432-6140.