The afternoon group:
Meetings are every 2nd Friday of each month at 1:30 pm. We meet downstairs in the Library (Room A). We are always looking for new members and new suggestions for good books to read and discuss. We enjoy reading all kinds of books! All are welcome. Books are available for checkout at the Front Desk.
- Friday, December 16 – The Paris Wife by Paula McLain
The evening group:
Evenings suit you better? Take part in our evening book group!
- Wednesday, December 21 & January 18 at 6:30 pm – Peter the Great by Robert K. Massie
- Wednesday, February 15 – Half of a Yellow Sun by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- Wednesday, March 15 – The Moor’s Account by Laila Lalami
Remember, copies of all book group choices are available for checkout at the Front Desk!
The cookbook group:
Do you enjoy cooking? Do you love to read cookbooks? Come join us for our afternoon Cookbook Book Group! There will be a new cookbook for each meeting, which you can pick up at the Front Desk. Choose a recipe to make at home and then bring it in to share with the group. Discuss tips, tricks, troubles, and eat!
Meetings are the 1st Friday of each month from 11:30 am to 1:00 pm (lunch!).
- Friday, January 6 – Secrets of the Best Chefs by Adam Roberts
- Friday, February 3 – Chocolate: From Simple Cookies to Extravagant Showstoppers by Nick Malgieri
The film discussion group:
Do you enjoy watching Independent, Foreign, and Classic films? What about discussing them? Join our IFC film group and make it happen! We will provide the film for you to watch at home, and the discussion will be here on the 2nd Wednesday of the month from 6:30-7:30 pm. No registration is required.
Films will be available to pick up at our front desk and are loanable for one week.
- Wednesday, December 14 – Sansho the Bailiff
- Wednesday, January 11 – Mr. Smith Goes to Washington
- Wednesday, February 8 – Roman Holiday
Contact Jessica at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 432-6140 with questions.
Reader’s Groups are open to all. Call us at 432-6140 for more info.