The afternoon group:
Meetings are every 2nd Friday of each month at 1:30 pm. We meet downstairs in the Library (Room A). We are always looking for new members and new suggestions for good books to read and discuss. We enjoy reading all kinds of books! All are welcome. Books are available for checkout at the Front Desk.
- Friday, October 14 – The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake by Aimee Bender
The evening group:
Evenings suit you better? Take part in our evening book group!
- October 19 – Poetry by Billy Collins
- November 16 – The Wind’s Twelve Quarters by Ursula K. Le Guin
Remember, copies of all book group choices are available for checkout at the Front Desk!
The cookbook group:
Do you enjoy cooking? Do you love to read cookbooks? Come join us for our afternoon Cookbook Book Group! There will be a new cookbook for each meeting, which you can pick up at the Front Desk. Choose a recipe to make at home and then bring it in to share with the group. Discuss tips, tricks, troubles, and eat!
Meetings are the 1st Friday of each month from 11:30 am to 1:00 pm (lunch!).
- Friday, November 4 – The New England Open House Cookbook
- Friday, December 2 – Make your favorite holiday recipe!
The film discussion group:
Do you enjoy watching Independent, Foreign, and Classic films? What about discussing them? Join our IFC film group and make it happen! We will provide the film for you to watch at home, and the discussion will be here on the 2nd Wednesday of the month from 6:30-7:30 pm. No registration is required.
Films will be available to pick up at our front desk and are loanable for one week.
- Oct 12 – Little Miss Sunshine
- Nov 9 – Battle for Algiers
- Dec 14 – Sansho the Bailiff
Contact Jessica at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 432-6140 with questions.
Reader’s Groups are open to all. Call us at 432-6140 for more info.