Library Assistant, Circulation Desk
Hours: Tuesday 3-7 pm, Wednesday 2-6 pm, plus 2 Saturdays each month 12-5 pm
(8-13 hours per week)
- Direct interaction with patrons, greeting them as they enter the library, checking in/out library materials, shelving and retrieving materials, answering phones, issuing library cards.
- Must have excellent customer service skills and facility with computers.
- Must be detail-oriented, have skill in alphabetizing, and putting materials in correct Dewey Decimal classification order.
- Must be in good physical condition to be able to push heavy carts, reach upper and lower shelves, bend, stoop, lift and stand for long periods of time.
- Starting salary – $12.61 per hour
Application may be picked up at the Circulation Desk or printed Employment Application DPL (PDF) and returned by September 18, 2015 to Cathy Goldthwaite, Head of Circulation, Derry Public Library, 64 E Broadway, Derry NH 03038.