Craft Club – New!
We are starting a new club – for crafters! Each month has a pre-selected craft. All you need to do is show up. 🙂 You must register, however, since supplies are limited.
Thursday, December 14 at 6:30 pm
DIY Bath Bombs!
Make some as a gift or keep ’em for yourself; these DIY bath fizzies are easy and fun to make! Food coloring, Epsom salt, essential oil, and a few other easy ingredients make these a breeze to put together. We’ll have all the ingredients on hand, but if you have favorite molds or essential oils, bring them along!
The afternoon group:
Meetings are every 2nd Friday of each month at 1:30 pm. We meet downstairs in the Library (Room A). We are always looking for new members and new suggestions for good books to read and discuss. We enjoy reading all kinds of books! All are welcome. Books are available for checkout at the Front Desk.
- Friday, December 8 – The Last Runaway by Tracy Chevalier
- Friday, January 12 – Measure of a Man: a spiritual autobiography by Sidney Poitier
The evening group:
Evenings suit you better? Take part in our evening book group!
- Wednesday, December 20 – Trinity by Leon Uris
- Wednesday, January 17 – Waiting for Snow in Havana: confessions of a Cuban boy by Carlos Eire
- Wednesday, February 21 – The Reluctant Fundamentalist by Mohsin Hamid
- Wednesday, March 21 – The Radium Girls by Kate Moore
- Wednesday, April 18 – Imagine Me Gone by Adam Haslett
Remember, copies of all book group choices are available for checkout at the Front Desk!
The cookbook group:
Do you enjoy cooking? Do you love to read cookbooks? Come join us for our afternoon Cookbook Book Group! There will be a new cookbook for each meeting, which you can pick up at the Front Desk. Choose a recipe to make at home and then bring it in to share with the group. Discuss tips, tricks, troubles, and eat!
Meetings are the 1st Friday of each month from 11:30 am to 1:00 pm (lunch!).
- Friday, January 5 – Easy Chinese Recipes by Bee Yinn Low
- Friday, February 2 – Just pick your favorite crockpot recipe!
- Friday, March 2 – Jamie’s Food Revolution by Jamie Oliver
- Friday, April 6 – Bowl: Vegetarian Recipes for Ramen, Pho, Bibimbap, Dumplings, and Other One-Dish Meals by Lukas Volger
The film discussion group:
Do you enjoy watching Independent, Foreign, and Classic films? What about discussing them? Join our IFC film group and make it happen! We will provide the film for you to watch at home, and the discussion will be here on the 2nd Wednesday of the month from 6:30-7:30 pm. No registration is required.
Films will be available to pick up at our front desk and are loan-able for one week.
- Wednesday, December 13 – It’s A Wonderful Life
- Wednesday, January 10 – Bicycle Thieves
- Wednesday, February 14 – Rebel Without a Cause
- Wednesday, March 14 – Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou
- Wednesday, April 11 – The Philadelphia Story
Contact Jessica at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 432-6140 with questions.
Join us to color, or do a puzzle, and feel your stress melt away…
Mondays – December 18 at 6:30 pm
Books and colored pencils and puzzles are provided, or you may bring your own supplies.
Contact Liz at email@example.com for more info.