Afternoon book group:
Meetings are every 2nd Friday of each month at 1:30 pm. We meet downstairs in the Library (Room A). We are always looking for new members and new suggestions for good books to read and discuss. We enjoy reading all kinds of books! All are welcome. Books are available for checkout at the Front Desk.
- Friday, February 9 – Mr. Penumbra’s 24-Hour Bookstore by Robin Sloan
Evening book group:
Evenings suit you better? Take part in our evening book group!
- Wednesday, February 21 – The Reluctant Fundamentalist by Mohsin Hamid
- Wednesday, March 21 – The Radium Girls by Kate Moore
- Wednesday, April 18 – Imagine Me Gone by Adam Haslett
Remember, copies of all book group choices are available for checkout at the Front Desk!
The cookbook group:
Do you enjoy cooking? Do you love to read cookbooks? Come join us for our afternoon Cookbook Book Group! There will be a new cookbook for each meeting, which you can pick up at the Front Desk. Choose a recipe to make at home and then bring it in to share with the group. Discuss tips, tricks, troubles, and eat!
Meetings are the 1st Friday of each month from 11:30 am to 1:00 pm (lunch!).
- Friday, March 2 – Jamie’s Food Revolution by Jamie Oliver
- Friday, April 6 – Bowl: Vegetarian Recipes for Ramen, Pho, Bibimbap, Dumplings, and Other One-Dish Meals by Lukas Volger
The film discussion group:
Do you enjoy watching Independent, Foreign, and Classic films? What about discussing them? Join our IFC film group and make it happen! We will provide the film for you to watch at home, and the discussion will be here on the 2nd Wednesday of the month from 6:30-7:30 pm. No registration is required.
Films will be available to pick up at our front desk and are loan-able for one week.
- Wednesday, February 14 – Rebel Without a Cause
- Wednesday, March 14 – Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou
- Wednesday, April 11 – The Philadelphia Story
Contact Jessica at email@example.com, or call 432-6140 with questions.
Join us to color, or do a puzzle, and feel your stress melt away…
Monday, March 5 at 6:30 pm
Books and colored pencils and puzzles are provided, or you may bring your own supplies.
Contact Liz at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
Thursday night craft club!
Crafting’s not just for kids! Adults (and teens!) are invited to explore their creative side with these fun DIY nights. Ask your friends to come too! Each month we’ll make something different, but if you want to bring your own projects, we think that’s great. Registration is required, one person per registration form. See you on the first Thursday of each month!
March’s project: Fun with Flower Wreaths!
Thursday, March 1 at 6:30 pm
Attendees must register to reserve materials. 15 spots available. REGISTER HERE! Or call 603-432-6140 for more info.