The afternoon group:
Meetings are every 2nd Friday of each month at 1:30 pm. We meet downstairs in the Library (Room A). We are always looking for new members and new suggestions for good books to read and discuss. We enjoy reading all kinds of books! All are welcome. Books are available for checkout at the Front Desk.
- Friday, April 14 – And the Mountains Echoed by Khaled Hosseini
The evening group:
Evenings suit you better? Take part in our evening book group!
- Wednesday, April 19 – Siddhartha by Herman Hesse
- Wednesday, May 17 – Cleopatra by Stacy Schiff
- Wednesday, June 21 – Beloved by Toni Morrison
- Wednesday, July 19 – Founding Brothers by Joseph Ellis
Remember, copies of all book group choices are available for checkout at the Front Desk!
The cookbook group:
Do you enjoy cooking? Do you love to read cookbooks? Come join us for our afternoon Cookbook Book Group! There will be a new cookbook for each meeting, which you can pick up at the Front Desk. Choose a recipe to make at home and then bring it in to share with the group. Discuss tips, tricks, troubles, and eat!
Meetings are the 1st Friday of each month from 11:30 am to 1:00 pm (lunch!).
- Friday, April 7 – But I Could Never Go Vegan by Kristy Turner
- Friday, May 5 – The Smitten Kitchen by Deb Perelman
- Friday, June 2 – Sheet Pan Suppers by Molly Gilbert
- Friday, July 7 – Mario Batali Big American Cookbook by Mario Batali
- Friday, August 4 – Bring in your favorite ice cream or popsicle recipe!
The film discussion group:
Do you enjoy watching Independent, Foreign, and Classic films? What about discussing them? Join our IFC film group and make it happen! We will provide the film for you to watch at home, and the discussion will be here on the 2nd Wednesday of the month from 6:30-7:30 pm. No registration is required.
Films will be available to pick up at our front desk and are loanable for one week.
- Wednesday, April 12 – City of God (Cidade de Deus)
- Wednesday, May 10 – West Side Story
- Wednesday, June 14 – Blue (Part of the three colors trilogy by Krzysztof Kieslowski)
- Wednesday, July 12 – Double Indemnity
Contact Jessica at email@example.com, or call 432-6140 with questions.
The adult coloring group:
Join us to color and feel your stress melt away…
Mondays – March 13 and 27, April 3 and 17
We provide the materials or you can bring your own.
Contact Liz at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.