Afternoon book group:
Meetings are every 2nd Friday of each month at 1:30 pm. We meet downstairs in the Library (Room A). We are always looking for new members and new suggestions for good books to read and discuss. We enjoy reading all kinds of books! All are welcome. Books are available for checkout at the Front Desk.
- February 14 - The Burgess Boys by Elizabeth Strout
Evening book group:
Evenings suit you better? Take part in our evening book group! We meet on the 3rd Wednesday of each month.
- December 18 - Tell the Machine Goodnight by Katie Williams
- January 15, 2020 - THIS MEETING HAS BEEN CANCELED!
- February 19 - Devotions by Mary Oliver
- March 18 - American Fire by Monica Hess
- April 15 - Circe by Madeline Miller
Remember, copies of all book group choices are available for checkout at the Front Desk!
The cookbook group:
Do you enjoy cooking? Do you love to read cookbooks? Come join us for our afternoon Cookbook Book Group! There will be a new cookbook for each meeting, which you can pick up at the Front Desk. Choose a recipe to make at home and then bring it in to share with the group. Discuss tips, tricks, troubles, and eat!
Meetings are the 1st Friday of each month from 11:30 am to 1:00 pm (lunch!).
- January 3 - Your favorite family recipe
- February 7 - Mexican Slow Cooker by Deborah Schneider
- March 6 - Everyday Italian by Giada De Laurentiis
- April 3 - Rachael Ray 365
- May 1 - Vegetables Illustrated by America's Test Kitchen
The film discussion group:
Do you enjoy watching Independent, Foreign, and Classic films? What about discussing them? Join our IFC film group and make it happen! We will provide the film for you to watch at home, and the discussion will be here on the 2nd Wednesday of the month from 6:30-7:30 pm. No registration is required.
Films will be available to pick up at our front desk and are loan-able for one week.
- January 8 - Things to Come (French film, director Mia Hansen-Love)
- February 12 - Do the Right Thing (1989 Spike Lee film)
- March 11 - No (2012 Spanish film, director Pablo Larrain)
- April 8 - Rshomon (1950 Japanese film, director Akira Kurosawa)
Contact Jessica at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 432-6140 with questions.
Thursday night craft club!
Looking for a fun way to spend a Thursday night? Get creative with friends old and new at our Evening Craft Club! Geared toward adults but open to most ages, we encourage patrons to come and have fun making something special. Bring a friend, bring a snack, and bring your sense of humor as we embark on all types of exciting projects.
This time of year it gets dark so early and is so cold outside. Let's get together to make these beautiful lighted mason jars to give your home a warm glow. Registration is required.
Thursday, February 6 at 6:30 pm