Afternoon book group:
Meetings are every 2nd Friday of each month at 1:30 pm. We meet downstairs in the Library (Room A). We are always looking for new members and new suggestions for good books to read and discuss. We enjoy reading all kinds of books! All are welcome. Books are available for checkout at the Front Desk.
- September 13 - Orphan Train Girl by Christina Baker Kline
Evening book group:
Evenings suit you better? Take part in our evening book group! We meet on the 3rd Wednesday of each month.
- August 21 - Hidden Life of Trees by Peter Wohlleben
- September 18 - The Line Becomes a River by Francisco Cantu
- October 16 - 1984 by George Orwell
- November 20 - Turn Right at Machu Picchu by Mark Adams
- December 18 - Tell the Machine Goodnight by Katie Williams
Remember, copies of all book group choices are available for checkout at the Front Desk!
The cookbook group:
Do you enjoy cooking? Do you love to read cookbooks? Come join us for our afternoon Cookbook Book Group! There will be a new cookbook for each meeting, which you can pick up at the Front Desk. Choose a recipe to make at home and then bring it in to share with the group. Discuss tips, tricks, troubles, and eat!
Meetings are the 1st Friday of each month from 11:30 am to 1:00 pm (lunch!).
- September 6 - Christopher Kimball's Milk Street: Tuesday Nights By Christopher Kimball
- October 4 - Simple By Yotam Ottolenghi
- November 1 - Salt, Fat, Acid, Heat By Samin Nosrat
- December 6 - Pioneer Woman Cooks: a year of holidays By Lee Drummond
The film discussion group:
Do you enjoy watching Independent, Foreign, and Classic films? What about discussing them? Join our IFC film group and make it happen! We will provide the film for you to watch at home, and the discussion will be here on the 2nd Wednesday of the month from 6:30-7:30 pm. No registration is required.
Films will be available to pick up at our front desk and are loan-able for one week.
- August 14 - Mulholland Drive
- September 11 - Tangerines
- October 9 - 2001 A Space Odyssey
- November 13 - Persepolis
- December 11 - Joyeux Noel
Contact Jessica at email@example.com, or call 432-6140 with questions.
Thursday night craft club!
Looking for a fun way to spend a Thursday night? Get creative with friends old and new at our Evening Craft Club! Geared toward adults but open to most ages, we encourage patrons to come and have fun making something special. Bring a friend, bring a snack, and bring your sense of humor as we embark on all types of exciting projects.
- September 5 - 6:30-7:30 pm
Why should kids get all the back-to-school fun? Decorate notebooks, make a bookmark and other fun supplies! Registration is required. Register here!